Friday, February 13, 2009

February Activity

Last week I kept hearing this strange sound in my office: after some investigation I discovered that it was my phone ringing. Also the auspicious chime of emails landing in my inbox. Music to my ears.

It doesn't take much to come up from zero, which is about where inbound inquiries have been for the past few months, but it's great to see that some people are ready to buy boats. They are coming from all walks of life (including Wall Street), and for the most part they are expecting, and getting, great deals. Since the beginning of February I have had clients come to see my J109, J120, Beneteau 36.7 and Beneteau 331 - a pretty broad range of boats in the cruising/racing spectrum.

This is purely anecdotal, and represents only what I'm experiencing with my listings and what I'm observing at the office - I'm not trying to spin this as a rebound. But it is a step in the right direction, and I'm happy to showing boats.